What was it like winning the excellence in theater education?
- Winning the award was one of the greatest honors I have ever experienced.
Did you know your students were submitting you for the award? How did that feel when you found out?
- I did it know that the students had taken the iniative to make the submission. I found out in my principals office on a conference call and I was in a total state of shock.
What is your favorite part about being a teacher?
- My favorite part about teaching is observing the students put into action the lessons we have shared.
How did you hear about HIPS? And Why did you chose HIPS to get your dress for the awards?
- My former student Kori Fields is a stylist and she is responsible for my trip to HIPS. She made a list of places and selected dresses . We then went to your store-which was first on her list and the rest is history.
What is your favorite place to grab dinner right now in Detroit?
- My favorite place to grab dinner is currently Texas de Brazil.
Check out her acceptance speech here.